[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- To: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 04:34:15 +0100
- In-Reply-To: <199805291123.NAA29312@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de>
- References: <5789-Fri29May1998103406email@example.com> (messagefrom Sebastian Rahtz on Fri, 29 May 1998 10:34:06 +0100)
>> Rebecca and Rowland writes:
>>> Right (I think). So fontinst begins by writing xxx8r.mtx which it
>>> also turns into xxx8r.pl? And you rely on the dvi driver/printer
>>> to encode the `real' Type 1 fount in 8r encoding?
>> no, i rely on the instructions i give eg dvips in its map file. its
>> not built into dvips
>Yes, and you have to keep in mind that fontinst.sty itself doesn't write
>a map file way, anyway. That's done by Sebastian's Perl scripts.
Yes, I've got that. I write my config file entries by hand because OzTeX
uses a slightly different syntax.
I think I've been slightly mis-understood here: it is the dvi driver that
does the re-encoding into 8r. You need to tell it to do it, but it's the
dvi driver that does the job.