[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Future of the `Karl Berry Font Naming Scheme'...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Future of the `Karl Berry Font Naming Scheme'...
- From: Rebecca and Rowland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 22:35:50 +0000
- Flags: 000000000000
- In-Reply-To: <1415-Wed31Dec1997115028email@example.com>
- References: <199712311107.DAA08047@alonzo.cs.sfu.ca><199712310857.IAA21860@out5.ibm.net><199712311107.DAA08047@alonzo.cs.sfu.ca>
>The poing of the fontname scheme is surely its *predictability*, never
>mind the 8+3 thing. What I want (and Melissa wants, I am sure) is an algorithm
>for generating unique metric names, which can be mapped to NFSS or
>whatever. Who cares what comes out?
> I don't write or read font names, a
>program does that for me.
I do; I'm not clever enough to write a program to do this for me.
Rowland. (who is Perl-less)