[metapost] Can luamplib inherit the -recorder option from luatex?

Toby Thurston thurston at eml.cc
Mon Apr 3 20:53:43 CEST 2023

Sometimes it's useful to have a list of all the files used in compiling a Metapost drawing.  From my observations of making MP graphics using this template

 \documentclass{standalone}
 \usepackage{luamplib}
 \begin{document}
 \begin{mplibcode}
 beginfig(1);

 endfig;
 \end{mplibcode}
 \end{document}

and running `lualatex` with the  `-recorder` option, I find that `lualatex` produces a .fls file that shows all the files that lualatex loaded at the TeX level but that does *not* show any files that are included with an MP `input` command inside the mplibcode block.

Is there some option to make `luamplib` pass on the input and output file names to the "parent" process?
Could this be enabled as an option?

thanks, Toby