[metapost] mpsproof fails in TeXLive 2023.

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Sun Apr 9 00:15:50 CEST 2023

After updating to TeXLive 2023 the command

   pdftex mpsproof pic.mps

failed, because TL2023 apparently lacks the file supp-pdf.tex.
To repair this problem, the line

   \input supp-pdf

in mpsproof.tex needs to be replaced with

   \input supp-pdf.mkii

I am the creator of mpsproof, but I placed it in the public domain so anyone is free to make this change to their own copy.

Also, because supp-pdf.mkii is provided by context, and perhaps not every TeX system contains context, this file should probably be included in the metapost distribution alongside mpsproof.tex (or better, included with the graphics-def package because pdftex.def also needs it). I am not a lawyer, but I believe the context license permits this.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking [luecking at uark.edu]
Department of Mathematical Sciences