tl-install restore period

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Apr 18 12:10:11 CEST 2024

Am Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:24:33 -0600 schrieb Karl Berry:

> Carlos, would adding ".html" make you happier? But still with a
> period. Sentences end in periods.
>
>   ... via https://tug.org/texlive/doc.html.)

That wouldn't resolve the problem. My news reader auto-detects a
link here too, and includes both the period and the parenthese in
the link, and so I get a "Not found" from
<https://tug.org/texlive/doc.html.)>

Imho you have only two choices here:

* leave it as it is. That would be fine with me. Wrong link guessing
is quite common and if it doesn't work I remove the dot or
parenthese or whatever and try again.

* Make the link explicit by using as David suggested always <...>.

... via <https://tug.org/texlive/doc>.)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/