Fwd: New on CTAN: cyrillic-modern

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:22:07 CEST 2024

po 6. 5. 2024 v 16:01 odesílatel Arthur Rosendahl <
arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> napsal:

> On Mon, May 06, 2024 at 10:06:10PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Have you a real example of a package uploaded *unchanged* for >=3 years?
>
>   Just for fun: bengali-pandey, another font / language support package,
> seems to have been uploaded in 2011, but the latest change dates from
> 2004: https://ctan.org/pkg/bengali-pandey (except for the documentation,
> all files date from 1998—2002, with one file from 2004).
>
> I think that it was just reuploaded in 2011. I downloaded the package from
CTAN in 2002 and installed in emTeX in OS/2 (I still have the copy of my HD
from that time). It was most probably developed on sarovar.org but it no
longer exists thus I am afraid that the history is lost.

>   Generally speaking, some packages will be uploaded unchanged after
> some period of time, but with an updated last-modification date, which
> will be quite hard to detect.  Still today, some packages have only a
> version number and no date, so we just can’t know when they were last
> modified (I noticed this was the general case a decade ago; not anymore
> today).
>
>         Arthur

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/