[tlmgr] Use of uninitialized value $founddesc

Andreas Eder aeder at arcor.de
Fri May 24 16:59:31 CEST 2024

On Fr 24 Mai 2024 at 16:32, Norbert Preining <norbert at preining.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late reply, real life ..
>
> On Wed, 15 May 2024, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 May 2024, Yukai Chou wrote:
>> > Packages containing `mnsymbols' in their title/description:
>> > Use of uninitialized value $founddesc in print at /Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr
>> > line 4333.
>>
>> Thanks for the report, I will fix it.
>
> Fixed.
>
>> obviously lost. I already checked the code and know the problem, give me
>> a few minutes and it will be fixed ;-)
>
> The fix was easy, but I somehow lost track of that bug.
>
> Should be fixed in tomorrow's tlcritical and sooner or later in normal
> release, too.
>
> Best regards
>
> Norbert

Indeed the error no longer occurs, but now it says:

%  texdoc blabladibla
...exlive/2024/texmf-dist/scripts/texdoc/texdoclib-view.tlu:24: attempt to index a nil value (local 'docfile')

THis is better, but IMHO still not right. It shouln't orint an internal
error messages, but give a clear indication that the search term wasn't
found.

'Andreas

--
ceterum censeo redmondinem esse delendam