How to make fonts bigger in **plain tex** math mode?

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Fri Apr 28 12:55:37 CEST 2023

On 28/04/2023 11:34, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Well your code doesn't work with pdftex (or xelatex) neither.
Why would you expect it to work with Xe/*La*/TeX ?  This was a question
about */plain/* tex.  It works here using XeTeX, the only TeX engine
that I ever use, and of course I tested it before posting, otherwise I
would have appended an appropriate disclaimer.  Repeated below, but not
in monospace in case that is the cause of your problem.
> You introduced U+A0 (no break spaces) after some of the fontnames,
> and now TeX is looking e.g. for cmr7U+A0 and is a bit unhappy.

I didn't /introduce/ them, they came from the PDF version of the TeXbook
from which I copied the relevant parts of Plain.TeX.  But as I say, it
works here under XeTeX, so I don't really know what your problem is or
where it originates — maybe your e-mail client ?

--
/Philip Taylor/