How to make fonts bigger in **plain tex** math mode?

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at runbox.no
Fri Apr 28 21:20:29 CEST 2023

This is indeed interesting.

The message, as it reached me, had a MIME content type multipart/alternative. The two parts have headers

and

respectively. In both parts, I find several occurrences of =C2=A0, which is indeed quoted-printable-speak for a non-breaking space (U+00A0).

Interestingly, however, if I copy the code from my mail client, those non-breaking spaces turn into regular spaces. Other mail clients presumably yield the original non-breaking spaces instead.

So it appears that everybody in this little spat are both right and wrong at the same time. Please cool your tempers and take this as a lesson that email is complicated business and full of surprises.

–