another retraction with spotty coverage in bibtex,

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:58:22 CET 2023

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28821633/

The Zotero output is as follows from their webform,

@article{mihailidou_cell-autonomous_2017,
	title = {Cell-autonomous cytotoxicity of type {I} interferon response via induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
	volume = {31},
	issn = {1530-6860},
	doi = {10.1096/fj.201700152R},
	abstract = {The interaction of IFN with specific membrane receptors that transduce death-inducing signals is considered to be the principle mechanism of IFN-induced cytotoxicity. In this study, the classic non-cell-autonomous cytotoxicity of IFN was augmented by cell-autonomous mechanisms that operated independently of the interaction of IFN with its receptors. Cells primed to produce IFN by 5-azacytidine (5-aza) underwent endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress. The chemical chaperones tauroursodeoxycholate (TUDCA) and 4-phenylbutyrate (4-PBA), as well as the iron chelator ciclopirox (CPX), which reduces ER stress, alleviated the cytotoxicity of 5-aza. Ablation of CCAAT-enhancer-binding protein homologous protein (CHOP), the major ER stress-associated proapoptotic transcription factor, protected fibroblasts from 5-aza only when the cytotoxicity was examined cell autonomously. In a medium-transfer experiment in which the cell-autonomous effects of 5-aza was dissociated, CHOP ablation was incapable of modulating cytotoxicity; however, neutralization of IFN receptor was highly effective. Also the levels of caspase activation showed a distinct profile between the cell-autonomous and the medium-transfer experiments. We suggest that besides the classic paracrine mechanism, cell-autonomous mechanisms that involve induction of ER stress also participate. These results have implications in the development of anti-IFN-based therapies and expand the class of pathologic states that are viewed as protein-misfolding diseases.-Mihailidou, C., Papavassiliou, A. G., Kiaris, H. Cell-autonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response via induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress.},
	language = {eng},
	number = {12},
	journal = {FASEB journal: official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology},
	author = {Mihailidou, Chrysovalantou and Papavassiliou, Athanasios G. and Kiaris, Hippokratis},
	month = dec,
	year = {2017},
	pmid = {28821633},
	pmcid = {PMC5690390},
	keywords = {Animals, Azacitidine, Blotting, Western, Cell Death, Cell Survival, Cells, Cultured, Ciclopirox, Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay, Interferon Type I, Mice, Mice, Inbred C57BL, Phenylbutyrates, Pyridones, Taurochenodeoxycholic Acid, Unfolded Protein Response, 4-phenylbutyrate, cellullar death, ciclopirox, tauroursodeoxycholate, unfolded protein response},
	pages = {5432--5439},
}

TooBib found more occurences of the word retracted but still spotty although apparently
noted in crossref which has not been seen in the past. Location varies but if the
word is there you may not want to cite it lol. Pubmed changes the pubtype
and their html uses it as a keyword but some sources change the title,

 grep -ia "handler\|retra" xxxx

% mjmhandler: toobib guesspubmed
%PT = {Retracted Publication},
pubtype = {Journal Article Retracted Publication},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler guesspubmed},
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoi(crossref)
@article{Mihailidou_Papavassiliou_Kiaris_Retracted_Cellautonomous_cytotoxicity_2017,
title = {Retracted: Cellautonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
title_as_rcvd = {Retracted: Cell‐autonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoi(crossref)},
[...]
% mjmhandler: toobib handledoixml ( quality i=0 szr=11 goods=1 )(crossref)
@article{Mihailidou_Papavassiliou_Kiaris_Retracted_Cellautonomous_cytotoxicity_2017,
title = {Retracted: Cellautonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
title_as_rcvd = {Retracted: Cell��autonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handledoixml ( quality i=0 szr=11 goods=1 )(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlepdfstrings(crossref)
@article{Mihailidou_Papavassiliou_Kiaris_Retracted_Cellautonomous_cytotoxicity_2017,
title = {Retracted: Cellautonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
title_as_rcvd = {Retracted: Cell��autonomous cytotoxicity of type I interferon response <i>via</i> induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlepdfstrings(crossref)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-citation
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-og
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handleadhochtml<-all
keywords = {pmid:28821633, PMC5690390, doi:10.1096/fj.201700152R, Retracted Publication, Chrysovalantou Mihailidou, Athanasios G Papavassiliou, Hippokratis Kiaris, Animals, Azacitidine / pharmacology, Blotting, Western, Cell Death / drug effects, Cell Survival / drug effects, Cells, Cultured, Ciclopirox, Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress / drug effects*, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay, Interferon Type I / metabolism*, Mice, Mice, Inbred C57BL, Phenylbutyrates / pharmacology, Pyridones / pharmacology, Taurochenodeoxycholic Acid / pharmacology, Unfolded Protein Response / drug effects, PubMed Abstract, NIH, NLM, NCBI, National Institutes of Health, National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE},
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handleadhochtml},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlegsmeta(scraper)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlegsmeta(scraper)},
% mjmhandler: toobib handlegsmeta(html)
final_assembly ={ TooBib handler handlegsmeta(html)},
marchywka at happy:/home/documents/cpp/proj/freefem/play$

--

mike marchywka
44 Crosscreek Trail
USA, Earth marchywka at hotmail.com