conflict between lineno and amsmath packages in TeXLive 2022? Some environments (like \gather) are already defined

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Thu Jan 5 19:16:26 CET 2023

Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, even when I hack the publisher's
.sty file to change the loading order, the problem still occurs with my
manuscript.

The publisher provides a template.tex file. With my correction made to
the publisher's .sty file, it seems to compile--as long as it sits in my
C:\texlive\texmf-local\tex\latex\this_publisher directory.  If I move it
to the directory where I store all my documents, on my E:\drive, the
error again occurs.

--Chris Ryan