error message

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 19 22:14:01 CET 2023

D. W. Jones:

> error message:
> %%%% WARNING: Transparency operations ignored - need to use -dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY
> Can anyone give me any information on how to handle this problem? My
> text editor is TexShop.

I have been able to fix this by using that flag with ps2pdf:

ps2pdf -dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY -dAutoRotatePages=/None $pdfname

I don't use TexShop but maybe there's a way to tell it to do that.

(You may or may not want the other flag -dAutoRotatePages=/None which
prevents pages from getting rotated automatically when it thinks you
don't want the page to be rotated :-)

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator