Converting TeX to HTML: was Looking for a serious TeX hacker

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:48:34 CEST 2023

Hi

Here's my view on the arXiv's accessibility initiative. I welcome it. It is
large and important. The arXiv indirectly represents a core community of
TeX users.

The arXiv is producing HTML via XML. Ulrike wrote: Why should the LaTeX
team work on [arXiv] XML to pdf conversion?

My response is that if the LaTeX team regard the arXiv initiative as an
opportunity, then it will for them be an opportunity. And if they regard it
as a threat then it will for them be a threat.

I encourage all to regard the arXiv accessibility initiative as an
opportunity.

with kind regards

Jonathan