Converting TeX to HTML: was Looking for a serious TeX hacker

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jun 20 23:52:23 CEST 2023

Am Tue, 20 Jun 2023 13:53:29 -0700 schrieb William F Hammond via
texhax:

> You write:
>
>> ...  I can tell you how a LaTeX source that should be
>> tagged should look like (but this is a moving target).
>
> For example, is Lamport's classic LaTeX example
> "sample2e.tex" fully ready for tagging as it is, or would
> you modify it?

It compiles without error and the tagging is ok. There is a glitch
in the verse code - the indent of the first line is wrong -,
\maketitle should have a better structure (not quite easy to decide
what, as Title exists only in pdf 2.0). For math tagging you would
need \DocumentMetadata{testphase={phase-III,math}}, and you would
have to replace \( ... \) by $ ... $ as the code doesn't handle the
first yet.

Ulrike