TeX Hour: Thu 14 September: 2025 Problems

circumspect.readabilities830 at aceecat.org circumspect.readabilities830 at aceecat.org
Thu Sep 14 21:02:04 CEST 2023

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 01:18:36PM -0700, William F Hammond via texhax wrote:

> > Pedantry alert. Wikipedia and the Library of Congress state that
> > the 21st century started on 1 January 2001.

Back in my student years, I saw this movie, which confirms this agrees
with century boundaries even in popular culture -- in some cultures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_20th_Century

> Moreover, just as we now have ISO 10646 for characters, we have ISO
> 8601 as a calendar standard, in which the Gregorian year 1 BCE is
> the year 0.

Do you mean AD and not BCE here? I haven't read the standard.

--
Ian