Recording input files with LuaTeX

Erik Nijenhuis erik at xerdi.com
Tue Apr 2 21:04:44 CEST 2024

Today, I was working on implementing 'input file recording' for the
lua-placeholders and gitinfo-lua packages, which was super easy for
some trivial cases after reading Chapter 10.7.2 of the LuaTeX manual.

However, I've found a case where kpse.record_input_file doesn't do the
trick for me, specifically in gitinfo-lua. I wanted to watch for any
new or removed tags under the directory:
	<latex_project>/.git/refs/tags/*

Does anyone know of a way capable of watching an entire directory for
file changes or providing a path with wildcards using LuaTeX?

I've also tried looking for a solution with latexmkrc, but couldn't
find one.

Kind regards,

Erik Nijenhuis | Xerdi
Software Engineer