Reporting a bug of texlive 2023

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Wed Jan 17 20:14:18 CET 2024

On 2024-01-17 at 14:18:16 +0800, 刘征 wrote:

 > My operating systemn is window 10. when I completed install of
 > texlive successfully and edit a tex file,i.e. tardi.tex.
 >
 > After compiled the tardi.tex successfully with invoking Xelatex or
 > latex option it output the some auxiliary files such as tardi.dvi
 >
 > When I invoke the dviout.exe tardi.dvi, it always wrongly run like
 > as follows:
 >
 > How Can I fix the problem?
 >
 > Ps: In my C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.50\bin there has been a program:
 > gswin64c.exe
 >
 > Will it conflict with the file D:\texlive\2023\...\gswin64c.exe?

Hi,

as you've seen already, TeX Live comes with its own Ghostscript for
Windows.  It doesn't interfere with other versions of Ghostscript you
installed separately.

But you can't invoke d:/texlive/2023/tlpkg/tlgs/gswin64c.exe
directly.  If you do, Ghostscript will not find any of the library
files it needs because it sees all the environment variables set by
your external installation.

It's also not advisable to call programs with the full path.  If you
want to invoke TeX Live's Ghostscript directly, simply run
rungs[.exe], for example

  rungs -help

> D:\>cd texlive\2023\bin\widows
> D:\texlive\2023\bin\widows>dviout.exe  tardi.dvi

Where do you put your .tex files?  In d:/texlive/2023/bin/windows?
It's not a good idea to put your personal files into the TeX Live tree.

I'm not familiar with dviout and I'm wondering why it tries to create
a file tmpps1.gif.  Do you try to include a GIF file?  This is not
supported AFAIK.

Regards,
  Reinhard

--