finding locations of many files via kpse

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 4 00:10:58 CEST 2024

    The first would lead to a significant change in the CLI implementation,

I don't get it. What I'm picturing is maybe a half-dozen lines of code.

    As every path then needs its own option set being preceded/post-ceded,

Didn't even occur to me. I see no need to go that way.

    or all options simply apply to every path given.

Yes.

    Both options are tricky to conclude I guess.

No, why? All options are already parsed before anything is looked up,
because that's how getopt_long_only works. --best, karl.