A TFM Compliance Checker for the TeX Live distribution

Didier Verna didier at didierverna.net
Tue Jul 9 14:12:31 CEST 2024

  Dear all,

in slight anticipation to my upcoming talk at TUG 2024, I wanted to
announce that with the help of Norbert Preining, we have set up a
website[1] that runs a compliance validation tool on every TFM font in
the TeX Live distribution, and aggregates the results.

The site is updated on a daily basis. There's still a lot of room for
improving the output, but at least the information is out there. The
system currently detects 770 fonts presenting some oddities with respect
to the TFM format...

Thanks also to Karl Berry for some early feedback. Not sure how useful
this actually is, but it was not difficult to do, so... ;-)

Footnotes:
[1]  https://texlive.info/tfm-validate/

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info