the TeX world
Typography & typesetting, fonts & design, publishing and more
TUG 2023: July 14-16, 2023 (Friday-Sunday)
The 44th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
Thursday, July 13, 2023, 2pm-6pm: Tagging PDF documents
A developers' workshop organized by the
LaTeX team (limited seats).
Hotel Collegium Leoninum
53111 Bonn, Germany
phone: +49 228 6298 0
Registration and information
Dates and deadlines
- April 1, 2023 - deadline for hotel reservations at our group
discount. Booking your hotel room early is highly advisable.
Availability and rates are not guaranteed after April 1.
- April 10 - deadline for abstracts for presentation
- April 10 - bursary
application (financial assistance) deadline.
- April 15 - deadline for early bird
registration discount. Early registrations
are greatly appreciated!
- June 15 - deadline for preprints (submit PDF) to be in the printed program.
- July 13, 2pm-6pm - developers' workshop:
Tagging PDF Documents, organized by the LaTeX team. (Space is limited.)
- July 13, 3pm-6pm - excursion: guided walking tour of downtown Bonn.
- July 13, 7-8 pm - opening reception, roof garden of Hotel Leoninum.
- July 14-16 - TUG conference,
Friday–Sunday. TUG's Annual General Meeting will take
place during the conference.
- July 15, evening (tbd) - banquet.
- July 16, 2:15pm - excursion: boat trip to the
- July 17, 9:30am-12:30pm - excursion: guided walking tour of downtown Bonn.
- July 23 - deadline for final papers for the printed
The conference will be held at the Hotel Collegium Leoninum in
downtown Bonn, Germany.
- Frankfurt Airport (FRA): high speed train to Siegburg/Bonn (less
than 40 minutes). See below for directions to hotel.
- Cologne Airport (CGN): direct bus to the Bonn Hauptbahnhof (about
45 minutes, but not so frequent) or train to Bonn-Beuel (about 30
- Düsseldorf (DUS): about an hour to either the Bonn Hbf or
Bonn-Beuel. A changeover in Cologne might be necessary.
Train station to hotel:
- From the Bonn Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) it is a ten-minute
walk to the hotel.
- By tramway, the stop “Stadthaus” is about 200 meters
from the hotel.
- From Siegburg/Bonn, tram line 66, about 25 minutes. Regardless of
marked destination on the tram, it will stop at “Stadthaus”.
- From Bonn-Beuel, tram line 62, about 10 minutes.
- Rooms are reserved for TUG conference participants at the Leoninum.
Our conference code is simply “TUG annual conference”. To
make a reservation, either
- A block of rooms has been reserved; rooms are guaranteed only until
April 1. Availability and rates after that are not
guaranteed. As always, the sooner you book your reservation the better.
- The conference rate is 119 EUR per night for 3 or more nights, for
one person. With two people staying in the same room, the rate is
139 EUR for 3+ nights. For 1-2 nights, add 10 EUR to the rates.
- Be aware that the city of Bonn charges a tax of 5% of the gross room
rate, with an exception for business accommodations.
- The conference rate is available for any reasonable stay before and
after the conference—as long as you book by April 1.
- Free cancellation is available if done 21 days or earlier before
the arrival date. We can't guarantee the hotel policy if cancellation
happens later than that.
- If you wish to stay at a different hotel, feel free to contact our
local host, Gert Fischer, at the conference address (email@example.com).
He will be happy to discuss other nearby accommodations.
- The opening reception will be in the rooftop garden at the Hotel
Leoninum, Thursday July 13, 7-8pm.
- Breakfast at the hotel is included with the room reservation.
- Lunches and breaks will be provided during the conference, July
14-16, at no additional charge.
- Dinners are not included with the conference registration or hotel
reservation, but are available at the hotel and restaurants nearby.
- We'll have a banquet (optional extra) on Saturday evening (location
tbd). Transportation to/from the hotel will be organized.
Thursday, July 13, 3pm-6pm: for those arriving early
and not going to the workshop, our local
host, Gert Fischer, will give a guided walking tour of downtown Bonn.
Sunday, July 16, 2:15pm: an excursion by boat to Königswinter, then taking the cog railway up to the Drachenfels, tram back. There is a small fee to cover costs. Please
check the box on the conference registration
form to participate.
Monday, July 17, 9:30am-12:30pm: for those staying a day after, Gert
will again give the walking tour of downtown Bonn.
If you wish to combine the conference with a longer stay in the
Rhineland area or further afield in Germany, please feel free to contact
Gert at the conference address (firstname.lastname@example.org). He will be happy to help.
the TeX Users Group,
STM Document Engineering Pvt Ltd,
and many individual donors.
Thanks to all.
New sponsors are greatly
appreciated, as is mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone, fax, postal mail: see TUG
office contact information.
- Conference committee:
Barbara Beeton, Karl Berry, Gert Fischer,
Ulrike Fischer, Robin Laakso.
$Date: 2022/12/23 22:06:53 $;
previous TUG meeting -
all TeX meetings