[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem with \installfont in fontinst 1.8
- To: Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
- Subject: Re: Problem with \installfont in fontinst 1.8
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:54:34 +0200
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <199807150902.LAA04352@mozart.ujf-grenoble.fr> (message fromThierry Bouche on Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:02:54 +0200 (MET DST))
> » - otherwise, it looks for an .afm file cmr10.afm and runs \afmtomtx
> » on that file, creating cmr10.mtx
> beware also that Bakoma's AFMs were incompatible with fontinst,
> soyou'd better use the PLs from the Knuthean TFMS (tftopl).
Sure, that's why it looks for PL fonts first before even trying
to look for AFM files. If you want to use MF fonts in fontinst,
it is highly recommendable to generate PL files from TFMs and
not to rely on AFMs.