[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fontinst modifications
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Fontinst modifications
- From: Alan Jeffrey <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 09:17:50 -0500
- Organization: DePaul University
- References: <199806041001.MAA03971@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ulrik Vieth wrote:
> > Alan Jeffrey writes:
> >> Since then Sebastian has effectively taken over maintainance of
> >> fontinst. I think I'd prefer to formalize this state of affairs,
> >> and hand it over to him. We should certainly get rid of v1.335,
> >> which is very mouldy.
> > um, my time for this is almost 0 minutes a week.
Ooh, let's all play hot potato :-)
> OK, I'll try to finish what I have been working on, and make it v1.8.
This seems sensible.
> If you're talking about the 1.335 docs, they certainly need revising,
> but I don't think they are completely obsolete. The examples using
> "0" encoded fonts instead of "8a" are clearly misleading and should be
> replaced, but the summary of docstrip commands presumably can be kept
> with just minor touching up.
Don't start from the v1.335 docs! Start from the v1.5 docs in
ftp://ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk/pub/tex/fontinst-beta.tgz which fix a lot of
the bugs you're talking about.