TL2024 from .iso fail under cygwin (win11 pro)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 1 00:27:33 CEST 2024

    Nevertheless, I think the installer is a special case, if only
    because it is the first stop before one has a usable TL
    installation.

How about if, under Cygwin, the installer checks up front for
/usr/bin/wget.exe or (I suppose) /usr/bin/curl.exe existing? If neither
is a present, issue a warning message along the lines that happens now
for tlmgr (but continue anyway, just in case it's an unusual situation).

That would be easy to do. Ken (in particular), wdyt?

And, maybe the Cygwin section in the manual should mention curl?
Though I guess it is not really necessary. --thanks, karl.