tlmgr: not verified: valid signature with expired key

Georg-Johann Lay avr at gjlay.de
Tue May 7 21:19:54 CEST 2024

Am 07.05.24 um 20:30 schrieb Nelson H. F. Beebe:
> [This is off the TeX Live list]
>
> Can you try
>
> 	tlmgr option repository http://ctan.math.utah.edu/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet

This passes (as sudo).

> 	tlmgr update --self

This fails with:

tlmgr: Local TeX Live (2022) is older than remote repository (2024).
Cross release updates are only supported with
   update-tlmgr-latest(.sh/.exe) --update
See https://tug.org/texlive/upgrade.html for details.

> 	tlmgr install listofitems

This is now extremely slow.  It freezes for 2 minutes or so and then:

tlmgr: Local TeX Live (2022) is older than remote repository (2024).
Cross release updates are only supported with
   update-tlmgr-latest(.sh/.exe) --update
See https://tug.org/texlive/upgrade.html for details.

Does this mean that only the newest version of TeXlive is supported,
and the version of older versions is dropped?

Johann