tlmgr: not verified: valid signature with expired key

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed May 8 08:57:55 CEST 2024

On Wed, 08 May 2024, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> > 	https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/
>
> Would you explain what I have to do?

Set your repository to the last TeX Live 2022 release tlnet:

	tlmgr option repository https://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/tug/historic/systems/texlive/2022/tlnet-final/

Update to the latest set of packages

	tlmgr update --self --all

> I am just trying to fix some Doxygen -> pdf build fails and am
> not a TeX guy.

That might not be fixed even when updating.

> That repo contains a release per day, does this mean that
> tlmgr is only valid for one day, because the next day there
> is a new TL release?

No. It keeps a history of various.

One TeX Live release, normally done in February or March runs through to
the next release.

tlmgr of release YYYY only works with the repositories for YYYY.

When we release YYYY+1, no updates are going into YYYY release.

> From the answers I already got, I'd conclude that tlmgr
> is the wrong tool to manage TeXlive packages, so the

Wrong conclusion.

The correct conclusion is: You try to use tlmgr of an old TeX Live
release with an incompatible repository, and should have used
the correct repository.

> What's the proper way / tool to manage TeXlive packages?

tlmgr

Best regards

Norbert

--
arXiv / Cornell University   +   IFMGA Guide   +   TU Wien  +  TeX Live