TEXMFHOME on Windows (for users with long names, diacritics or spaces in their names)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Wed May 29 02:34:35 CEST 2024

On 2024-05-28 at 16:59:51 +0200, Denis Bitouzé wrote:

 > Le 25/05/24 à 04h25, Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :

 > > If the batch file invoking the Perl script is replaced with a pwsh
 > > script I suppose that things behave as on Unix.  The drawback is that
 > > users have to download and install external software.
 >
 > Could it be provided by TL (no idea whether it makes sense or not:
 > license? size? etc.)?

Hi Denis,
there are no license issues for files we write ourselves and wrapper
scripts are always quite small.  I don't have access to a windows
machine and thus can't investigate myself.

Siep said that she keeps an eye on it.  It doesn't make sense to
provide a script which doesn't work for her.

Please keep in mind that everything I said is what I assumed without
any guarantee of correctness.

Regards,
  Reinhard

--