if you were writing a physics paper with a lot of QM,

Deyan Ginev deyan.ginev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:14:16 CET 2023

Hi Mike,

If you wanted to integrate your numerical tools with your publication
tools, the sane choice would be as you mentioned - have your CAS-powered
notebook emit a LaTeX document as an export.

Sadly, that often turns out to be too "vanilla" for power users, so you may
end up writing templates/customizations to the emitted LaTeX. I will go on
a limb and state that the perfect system for the workflow you describe has
not yet been created, though various interesting experiments are ongoing.

As one example, Google's "latexify" annotations for Python have been
getting a positive reception recently:
https://github.com/google/latexify_py

As to the article you used as an example, the TeX it was written in seems
to already be friendly enough to do more than just PDF. Here's a sample:

https://ar5iv.labs.arxiv.org/html/1810.11016

Greetings,
Deyan