Ghostscript problem in the MacTeX 2023

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Sat Jun 3 14:34:45 CEST 2023

Sarthak, Norbert, Dick and others,

in the original post on tex.stackexchange.com <http://tex.stackexchange.com/>, Sarthak installed MacTeX via the brew —cask method. This results in the MacTeX dmg being installed and it is not a brew installation of TeXLive. Looking  at the cask formula, it looks like you end up with the a standard MacTeX installation with the GUI utilities but without Ghostscript, which is installed (by dependency) via brew.

Sarthak, If this is a Silicon, the gs* binaries should be in symlinked into /opt/homebrew/bin, maybe?

Hope this helps,
—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA
https://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov