Converting TeX to HTML: was Looking for a serious TeX hacker

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:26:27 CEST 2023

Hi

First the side issue, which is accuracy in quotation.

I wrote:
> Ulrike wrote: Why should the LaTeX team work on [arXiv] XML to pdf
conversion?

In response Ulrike wrote:
> I didn't wrote that.

Earlier in this thread Ulrike did write:
> Why should the LaTeX team work on XML to pdf conversion?

I added '[arXiv]' to indicate, fairly in my opinion, something important in
the context of her remark. This use of square brackets is a common
convention, see
http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/brackets_square_brackets.htm.

The main issue is this. Do Ulrike and her colleagues in the LaTeX project
regard the arXiv accessibility project as a threat, or as opportunity (or
something else).

with kind regards

Jonathan