Converting TeX to HTML: was Looking for a serious TeX hacker

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jun 19 18:27:39 CEST 2023

Am Mon, 19 Jun 2023 16:26:27 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Fine:

> First the side issue, which is accuracy in quotation.
>
> I wrote:
>> Ulrike wrote: Why should the LaTeX team work on [arXiv] XML to pdf
> conversion?
>
> In response Ulrike wrote:
>> I didn't wrote that.
>
> Earlier in this thread Ulrike did write:
>> Why should the LaTeX team work on XML to pdf conversion?
>
> I added '[arXiv]' to indicate, fairly in my opinion, something important in
> the context of her remark.

You didn't add context, you changed the meaning and it doesn't make
sense anymore. arXiv doesn't work on XML to (tagged) PDF as far as I
know, they work on LaTeX to XML/html.

> The main issue is this. Do Ulrike and her colleagues in the LaTeX project
> regard the arXiv accessibility project as a threat, or as opportunity (or
> something else).

Did you ask also the arXiv people if they view my work on PDF
tagging as a threat or as an opportunity for their accessibility
project?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/