font installation

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:06:19 CEST 2023

You're using an obsolete 20-year old manual that doesn't even discuss otf?
 As I already suggested to you, you should use the autoinst script in the
fontools package.  That's what I've used to create support files for dozens
of opentype families. BTW, type1 font files have suffix pfb, not pdf.

Bob T.