many warnings with texlive 2023

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 9 21:29:25 CEST 2024

In the process of upgrading and trying to create a
replication script I got caught up in a fight with
mesa drivers and trashed my entire install. Before
doing that, I went and got texlive 2024 which worked
the other night as I posted. When I reran my script
to load the ubuntu 24 from scratch, I decided to just
use the repo tex which apparently is texlive 2023.
It still appears to work but a few warnings I was
curious about. Getting 2024 leaving the 2023 in there
is extra junk and time but I can get it again if needed.

The warnings my build script passed are these,
any of these important? thanks.

This is LuaHBTeX, Version 1.17.0 (TeX Live 2023/Debian)
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/revtex/aps4-2.rtx)
Class revtex4-2 Warning: No journal specified, using default pra.
Class revtex4-2 Warning: No type size specified, using default 10.
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/kvoptions/kvoptions.sty))
Package nameref Warning: The definition of \label has changed!
(nameref)                Check your packages!
Excluding comment 'showworkcomment'
Class revtex4-2 Warning: Failed to patch the float package.

--

mike marchywka
44 Crosscreek Trail
USA, Earth marchywka at hotmail.com