[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: mathptm.sty/pslatex.sty
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:49:19 +0200
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <4831-Wed01Jul1998085628firstname.lastname@example.org> (messagefrom Sebastian Rahtz on Wed, 1 Jul 1998 08:56:28 +0100)
> Piet van Oostrum writes:
>> In omxpsycm.fd the font zpsycmrv is used. This font uses cmex9
>> which doesn't have a Type1 equivalent in the AMS/BSR set (although
>> there is one in the Bakoma set).
>> To make it easier, especially with the use in pdftex would it be
>> possible to replace this with a scaled cmex10?
> two requests for the same thing in one day. its a conspiracy
> We'll do it happily IF you can promise there is NO chance of old
> documents changing their breaking.
Let's say: we'll do in happily in the new "mathpmtx" because we cannot
simiply replace cmex9 with a scaled cmex10 in the old "mathptm"
without changing the metrics. If the target is pdfTeX, where Type 1
fonts are required, using "mathptmx" might have another advantage
becase it uses "rsfs" instead of ZapfChancery, which is not a built-in
font in free Acrobat readers and might not be available to all users.