The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Join or renew with TUG (trial memberships available for new members) to support use and development of TeX and friends. All TUG memberships are for the calendar year, and include all benefits for the year no matter when you join.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
If you're looking for help, you can get community support via: a q&a site (tex.stackexchange.com), forum (latex.org), reddit, public mailing list (texhax), and in other ways.
- New book review: The LaTeX Companion, Third Edition, by Frank Mittelbach with Ulrike Fischer, reviewed by John D Lamb.
- The LaTeX Companion: Parts I & II, 3rd Edition is available in print now, and will be released in electronic formats around July 21, 2023.
- TUGboat 44:1 has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 43:3 is now publicly available. The next issue will be the TUG'23 proceedings; the deadline for papers to be included there is July 23, 2023. Early submissions for the next regular issue are also welcome and encouraged; that deadline is October 15, 2023.
- TeX Live 2023 and MacTeX 2023 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX) The TeX Collection DVD is in preparation and will be sent to members of TUG and other user groups; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (meeting list)
- DANTE e.V., 65. annual meeting, July 13, 2023,
Hotel Collegium Leoninum,
53111 Bonn (Germany), Noeggerathstrasse 34
- TUG 2023,
Hotel Collegium Leoninum, Bonn, Germany, July 14-16, 2023
(with Tagged PDF developer workshop on July 13th);
register for the conference.
- 17th ConTeXt Meeting: Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 10-16, 2023.
- GuIT 2023, Rome, Italy, May 20, 2023.
- BachoTeX 2023 - Modeling and implementing text typesetting in TeX and other systems; Bachotek, Poland, April 29-May 3, 2023.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - mcf2graph - ProfLycee - tikz2d-fr - fduthesis - footmisc - hyperref - covington - oststud - TeX-nutshell - dynkin-diagrams - biblatex-gb7714-2015 - tikz3d-fr - quantikz - OpTeX - movement-arrows - l3kernel - OutilsGeomTikZ - FenetreCas - letgut - kaytannollista-latexia - starray - latexindent - lineno - counterz - Evangelion-JFM - ProfCollege - biblatex-publist